The Company recognises that it has a responsibility to provide a safe and healthy working environment and acknowledges that this includes ensuring its activities do not have an adverse effect of the local and general environment. Hardwood Timber Products Limited is committed to following best environmental practice where practicable and within the resources available, to reduce any environmental impact that it is responsible for, be it direct or indirect in terms of the Company’s operations.
Accordingly, the Company has initiated an environmental management programme that will:
- Control and reduce the amount of packaging used within its business activities.
- Implement measures to minimise the amount of waste materials arising from its business activities.
- Implement measures to minimise the amount of waste paper and similar products used within its business activities.
- Call on third parties such as suppliers, vendors and contractors to adopt similar standards.
- Comply with existing and wherever practicable, impending environmental legislation and regulations.
- Waste will be transferred to an authorised contractor.
- Communicate our Environmental Policy to the public and to any interested parties. A copy of our Environmental Policy Statement will be made freely available.
By holding Chain of Custody (COC), FSC® and PEFC certification, Hardwood Timber Products allows an environmentally conscious customer, existing or potential to make an informed choice.